C.E.G.A. is a non-profit organisation registered under the Bulgarian Persons and Family Act in 1995 and re-registered in 2002 according to the new Act on legal entities with non-profit purposes as an organisation working for public benefit.
Main fields of work:
Field 1: Capacity building for social inclusion of disadvantaged communities
- Providing trainings and consultancy to local organizations, groups and authorities for effective work with disadvantages communities and for accessing funds, especially in the sphere of education and in-come generation;
- Facilitating dialogue between disadvantaged communities and the decision-making bodies.
Field 2: Improvement of policies for social inclusion of disadvantaged communities
- Running researches and identifying problems and good practices through cooperation of local organizations and communities;
- Participation in councils and structures developing policies for social inclusion of disadvantaged communities on local and national level;
- Running and/or participation in various kinds of monitoring on implementation of policies for social inclusion of disadvantaged communities on local and national level.
Field 3: Changing attitudes for social inclusion of disadvantaged communities
- Running trainings and seminars, connected with Human rights, intercultural dialogue and social inclusion through various stakeholders;
- Organizing events and campaigns promoting intercultural dialogue as a tool for social inclusion;
- Capacity building and strengthening the activities of C.E.G.A.’s youth volunteers network.
Field 4: International development
- Supporting the process of providing “Official Development Assistance” through the Bulgarian platform for international development.
- Promoting of good practices for working with disadvantaged communities in the developing countries, stated as priority countries by the Bulgarian government;
- Promoting Development Education in Bulgaria and building capacity on various levels for its inclusion in the formal educational system.
- Local organizations and groups, mainly working with the Roma community;
- Public authorities both on local and national level;
Young people are cross-cutting priority target group in all fields and activities.